Top 10 Reasons to Shop for Gifts Online
- MAY 25, 2012
- By Daelyn Fortney
1. Browse for gifts in your jammies. Yeah we’ve all heard this one before, but it’s true. Try going to your favorite store wearing nothing but your nighty. If the looks don’t get ya, security just may.
2. Compare prices and find good deals. Even when shopping for gifts, you want to make sure you are getting the most bang for your buck. Shopping on the Internet allows you to compare the prices at multiple stores and even search for coupons. (Without being that extreme couponer.)
3. Never miss celebrity gossip breaking news. C’mon, you know you love it. Staying at home to search for the perfect gift ensures you are always first to know what actress was spotted in a slinky bikini or the latest musician who was picked up for DUI.
4. Enjoy your favorite alcoholic beverage. Of course you don’t want to be like that musician and it would be completely inappropriate to walk around a big box store with a beer in hand. Stay home, pour yourself a cold one and shop to your heart’s content.
5. Never worry about a bad hair day. Ever had one of those days when every single hair seems out of place? Put down the hairspray and pick up your laptop. No need to expose others to your messy do.
6. Never be embarrassed when buying gifts for others. Shopping online allows you to buy that Air Supply CD your mom always wanted without being judged. (And maybe you can pick up an extra copy for yourself.)
7. Don’t worry about being run over by over-zealous shoppers headed to the clearance section. Or, if applicable, don’t worry about being on the other end. I mean a deals a deal, right?
8. Pretend you’re on a covert operation. Yeah we all love Jack Bauer. And secretly we all wish we could go covert for the good of others. By shopping for gifts online, you can do just that. It’s your mission to find the best gift for your loved one. But here’s the catch, that person is sitting right next to you on the couch.
9. Clothing optional. Enough said.
10. Avoid Annoying Sales People. We’ve all made the occasional trip to the department store and been bombarded by every commissioned sales rep in the store. Sometimes, we want to shop in peace.