What Personal Information About Visitors Does FindGift.com Gather?
The information that we learn from our visitors helps us personalize and continually improve your shopping experience at FindGift.com. Here are the types of information we gather...
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you may not be able to take full advantage of many of our features. We use the information you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, providing customized services for you, improving our service, and communicating with you.
What About Cookies?
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your web browser to enable our system to recognize your browser and to provide features such as our Gift Registry, Gift Idea Bookmarks, Advanced Gift Finder, and our email reminder service.
- The "help" portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. However, cookies will allow you to take full advantage of some of FindGift.com's most useful features, and we recommend that you leave them on.
Does FindGift.com Share the Information It Receives?
Information about our visitors is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We do not share personal information about our visitors with other entities. Exceptions to this policy are the following...
- Product Inquiries that are Emailed to Us: Many times a customer will want more information about a product and will email us to ask the question, rather than emailing the FindGift.com merchant partner that sells this item. In these instances, we will forward your request to the FindGift.com merchant partner that sells this item.
- Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy services, stores, or assests. In such transactions, visitor information is usually one of the transferred business assests. Also, in the unlikely event that FindGift.com is acquired, or substantially all of its assests are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assests.
- Protection of FindGift.com and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, of safety of FindGift.com, our users, or others.
What is Considered "Personal Information"?
Personal information is considered to be your name, email address, physical address, credit card numbers and phone number.
FindGift.com does not offer services for use by children. We offer children's gift ideas and gift registry services for use by adults. If you are under 18, you may use FindGift.com only with involvement with a parent or guardian.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions